Sunday, March 6, 2011

C4T#2

Mr. Ferlazzo



This month I was assigned to comment on a blog by a teacher named Larry Ferlazzo from Sacramento, CA. Mr. Ferlazzo teaches class for ELL (English Language Learner) students. This blog is called Larry Ferlazzo's websites of the day. Mr. Ferlazzo posts blogs that focus on a particular topic. These blogs have links to good sources that he has researched pertaining to these topics. Most of the topics are related to history, technology, teaching or current events. I commented on two different posts made by Mr. Ferlazzo.
The first post that I commented on was all about the history of Mardi Gras. There were several articles and video clips that were embedded in this post which provided a very extensive history of this holiday. I left a comment and shared my own information that I have learned about the history of Mardi Gras. Many of the articles that Mr. Ferlazzo posted were focussed on the Mardi Gras festivities of New Orleans. However, I informed him that Mardi Gras actually began in Mobile! It was very interesting to learn more about the historical background of this very important southern tradition.
The second post that I commented on was an informational post about a website that Mr. Ferlazzo had discovered called slidebomb.com. Slidebomb.com is a website which can be used to create slideshows with both images and videos. I checked out this website and it looked very easy to use. Here is an escerpt from the comment that I left for Mr. Ferlazzo: "I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strage’s EDM310 class. In this class we learn to use different forms of technology which we can later utilize in a classroom setting. Recently, we were assigned to make a slideshow using Google docs. I think it would be beneficial to use this website, as well. It might be even better! I look forward to checking this site out and seeing what it has to offer. Thanks for the helpful posts!" I appreciate the fact that Mr, Ferlazzo makes an effort to inform his fellow educators about useful tools which can be used in lesson plans.
If you would like to visit Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day follow this link:
http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment