Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blog Assignment 1

my boyfriend mark and I at a USA football game

Hello everyone! My name is Rebecca Warnberg. I am 19 years old and a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. My major is Elementary Education and I’m excited about my future work with children.
Currently I live in Mobile, but I’m not from Alabama. I’m actually an Air Force Brat. I was born in Illinois, but I have also lived in Texas, Las Vegas, California, Alaska, Mississippi and now Alabama. Since my family has moved so much we are all very close. I have an older sister named Caitlyn. She is a Secondary Education/English major at South. I also have a younger brother named Carlton. He is currently a Senior in high school and he is seriously considering coming to South, too. My family has a black Labrador named Moses and an orange tabby cat named Bill.
I am a Christian. I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior at the age of five. I enjoy going on mission trips. I have been on mission trips in Mexico, Oregon, Alaska and Guatemala. I have also been involved in Children’s ministry at my church. During high school I had the opportunity to teach my own preschool class at my church. This experience helped me realize God’s purpose for me is to become a school teacher. Currently I attend Emmanuel Baptist Church and I am an active member in the Baptist Campus Ministries at USA.
Some of my hobbies include travelling, swimming, hiking, scrapbooking, card making, and reading. I love doing craft projects. I also like attempting to play sports, but I’m not very good. I love working with children and I would like to have more opportunities to do so. That’s why I am looking forward to my classroom observations which I will be completing at Leinkauf Elementary School. Also, I have an amazing boyfriend named Mark. I love him very much. The picture about is of him and I at a South Alabama football game. He is kind of crazy, but so am I and that's why we love each other.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca! I just realized that we have so much things in common. We love to devote our times with children and we both are so passionate about kids and teaching! Also, we both love to travel, reading, and scrapbooking. haha...I dont know how to swim though =)I'd love to learn but Im too chicken when it comes to it. I look forward to read your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    I just want to welcome you to EDM 310, and I am so glad to meet you. Caitlyn had told me about you last semester. She always told us super great stories about Alaska, but I didn't realize y'all had lived in all those other places. I also love missions, and I plan to actually teach overseas after I graduate. I went to Guatemala in 2009 and worked in an orphanage. It was one of the best trips I have been on. I have also done missions in Mexico and Israel... as well as places here in the states. I look forward to getting to know you better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jamie Lynn,
    That's really great that you're involved in missions, too. I would love to hear about your trip to Israel sometime. That sounds really amazing. Are there any places that you have in mind to teach overseas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hoan,
    I didn't know you liked to scrapbook! I'd like to see your scrapbooks sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rebecca,

    No, I don't have any places in mind, but I am thinking about going with an organization called World Teach. I would love to tell you about the trip one day! :)

    ReplyDelete